Designed by prolific Brooklyn architect Theobald Engelhardt, the five-story brick building was constructed in 1891 as a factory space and store for Louis Zechiel’s fur business. In 1910, after Louis Zechiel’s business was closed it was then converted into a sewing factory, with a sweater manufacturer and tailor on the second and third floors. The building, which is located in the south Willimasburg neighborhood, was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 2021.
Allen Metals is assisting by heading the restoration of the historic cast-iron façade. This includes replacing missing castings, repairing failed castings, the replication of original architecutral elements, and finish painting the entire façade.