The Cartier building at the corner of 52nd Street and Fifth Avenue started its life as two residences in 1905. One side was owned by Morton F. Plant and designed in the neo-renaissance style by Robert W. Gibson. The other side was owned by Edward Holbrook and designed in the neo-classical style by C. P. H. Gilbert. The two buildings were joined together in the 1920’s. In 1970, the building was designated as a New York City Landmark and in 1983 it was added to the National Register of Historic Places.
Allen Architectural Metals created the bronze storefront and interior dome canopy and restoration of the historic bronze clock.