Built in 1856, by Julius B. Kroehl, the Harlem fire watchtower was the last of its kind in New York. It’s cast iron structure was crumbling into pieces. In 1967, the tower became a New York City Landmark and listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Allen Architectural Metals completely restored and re-created all the watchtower parts. Painted completely in its original 1856 taupe color. The stair system was assembled at our shop to insure all parts were perfectly reassembled in the field.