The Woolworth Building was built in 1913. Once know as “the cathedral of commerce” in 1930 it was the tallest building in the world. Frank W. Woolworth commissioned architect Cass Gilbert to design his Gothic five-and-dime store at 233 Broadway. It was named a National Historic Landmark in 1966 and in 1983, a New York City Landmark.
This project involved re-creation of a new residental entrance for the Woolworth Tower Residences. We created a new monumental canopy, custom bronze storefront with cast aluminum panels and vestibule entrance. All castings were hand sculpted and re-created from the historic Woolworth Building entrance on Broadway.