Tweed Courthouse, the Old New York County Courthouse, is one of New York’s most architecturally impressive civic monuments. Designed by two of New York’s most prominent 19th-century architects; John Kellum and Leopold Eidlitz. Built between 1861 and 1881, its style reflects mid-century commercial Italianate and Victorian medievalism. The immense cast-iron structural and decorative elements are unparalleled in any American public building.
Allen Metals performed a historical re-creation of functional cast iron window assemblies and interior rails.